Student Organizer Version History
v2.13 - 16 Feb, 2015
- Class grade categories as well as grade scales can now be based on points as well as percentages.
- Previously you could not change the grade weight categories after you had begun entering scores for a class. You can now change categories and if there are scores saved for the category you are changing from, their categories will be updated automatically. You can now delete categories as long as there are no scores saved for the category you are deleting. You can also add new categories at any time.
- In some circumstances, such as with extra credit, it is possible to have grade weight totals greater than 100%. Previous versions of Student Organizer required that the grade weight categories for a class added up to 100%. This update corrects that limitation. You can now enter grade categories with a total weight of greater than 100%.
- You can now also change the assignment / grade name when editing scores.
- Also fixed a couple of small bugs.
v2.12 - 1 Sep, 2014
- When recording lectures you now have a choice in audio inputs. You can select either "Microphone" or "Speaker Audio". "Speaker Audio" is used for situations where the audio you wish to record is coming from the computer, such as when taking a class on-line.
- For sending outgoing Email you can now select web based Email in addition to using an installed Email client.
- Fixed a couple of incorrect screen shots in the help file.
v2.11 - 21 Aug, 2014
- Fixed a bug introduced in the last update that will cause the print utility to crash.
v2.10 - 14 Aug, 2014
- This update improves the method used for entering meeting days and times for classes as well as study times. You can also now enter multiple times for the same day.
- The display of the days and times for classes and study times on the main form has also been improved.
- The weights for grade categories are no longer restricted to integers, decimal numbers can also now be entered.
- This update also improves the method used for resetting reminders, as well as fixes a bug in viewing the reminder's event.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the "View Classes" form to not display the current grade average and score.
- This update also improves the program's accessibility for screen readers.
v2.9 - 14 Apr, 2014
- Assignment names can now be changed when editing the assignment or entering the score.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the wrong letter grade to be displayed under certain circumstances.
v2.8 - 21 Jan, 2014
- This update adds the "Scratchpad", a place to store quick, temporary notes which don't belong anywhere else. The notes can be written, recorded or both.
- The description field is no longer required for assignments and tasks.
- Fixed a bug which would occasionally cause the grade weight categories on the classes section of the main form to not display correctly.
v2.7 - 18 Nov, 2013
- This update adds the ability to export the audio from your recorded lectures and save them to another device such as an mp3 player or smart phone.
- Also fixes a couple of small bugs concerning the score calculation and database restore functions.
v2.6 - 22 Oct, 2013
- The calendar section of the main form now uses only one grid rather than three and shows events for seven days.
- You can now select which event categories are associated with a class and excluded from the calendar overlap check.
- You can now elect to not add an assignments due date to the calendar.
- You can now enter duplicate assignment and event names if they are for different classes.
- Added an option to adjust the color brightness of the cell highlighting used on some grids such as the assignments grid.
- Added print buttons to the calendar and scores sections of the main form.
v2.5 - 8 Oct, 2013
- Rather than being fixed as in previous versions, the grade weight categories for classes, and the categories for calendar events can now be edited.
- Previous versions of Student Organizer did not allow you to append a lecture recording after the recording was stopped. This update corrects that limitation. You can now record to any lecture note at any time and the new recording will be appended onto the previous one.
- Updated the user interface for the "Scores" section of the main form and the Print Utility to make them more streamlined and easier to use.
v2.4 - 30 Sep, 2013
- In addition to weighted grade categories, you can now have separate weighted grades for each score within each category.
- Lecture notes / recordings, study notes and flashcards no longer have to be associated with a class. There is now a "Not Assigned" selection for the class.
- When adding a new class, the instructor name and grade scale are no longer required fields.
- Added "Audit / No Credit" and "Other" to the class types.
- Added "Other" to the degree class types.
v2.3 - 10 Sep, 2013
- This update adds the Glossary Organizer. Store, organize, combine and print glossaries. You can also create quizzes and flashcards from your glossaries.
- Also added a "Basic Letter Scale" grade scale type. This is less restrictive and provides more flexibility than the other grade scale types.
v2.2 - 5 Aug, 2013
- Improved the Conversion Calculator UI.
- Added the "Volume" category to the conversion calculator.
- Enabled the maximize button so the application can be ran full screen.
- The help file is no longer always on top of other windows.
- Fixed a small bug that caused the Print Utility to not scale properly to different screen resolutions.
v2.1 - 23 Jul, 2013
- Added the print utility. This allows you to print your class schedule, calendar, assignments and tasks.
v2.0 - 28 May, 2013
- Added the formula calculator.
- Added the memorizer.
- Added the degree tracker.
- Added the scholarship and loan tracker.
v1.6 - 5 Feb, 2013
- Added the option to check reminders even if Student Organizer is not running.
- On first run, the program will now create the database backup folder and setup automatic backups.
- Added a few small improvements to the backup/restore code.
- Replaced most of the main form toolbar button icons.
v1.5 - 17 Dec, 2012
- Important Update - This update fixes a bug that could, under certain circumstances, cause the program to crash when updating an event.
v1.4 - 11 Dec, 2012
v1.3 - 25 Sep, 2012
- Database backup no longer overwrites previous backup. Creates a new file appended with the current date and time.
v1.2 - 9 July, 2012
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- Replaced program icon and splash screen.
v1.1 - 28 May, 2012
- Added option to turn off automatic check for updates.
- Added the "Power" category to the conversion calculator.
v1.0 - 1 May, 2012